Welcome

"It's dangerous business walking out one's front door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to".... You never know when or where He may sweep you off to on a glorious adventure... but this is the place where I will humbly attempt to share many of these adventures.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Precious Promises


Well, this will be an interesting post. I hope you will be able to follow it. I just want to share what God has been speaking into my heart the last week or so in the midst of life and things here. Such sweet reminders. Many of you know that my permit was rejected and is in the process of appeal. As I await the outcome, God has brought these promises and truths to mind. In 2 Peter 1:4, Peter tells us that God has given us very great and precious promises that we might partake of the Divine nature and escape enslavement to the world’s way.

Habakkuk 2:14
“For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.”

Habakkuk 3:17-19
“Though the fig tree should not blossom, and there be no fruit on the vines, though the yield of the olive should fail and the fields produce no food, though the flock should be cut off from the fold and there be no cattle in the stalls, yet I will exult in the Lord, I will rejoice in the God of my salvation. The Lord is my strength, and He has made my feet like hinds feet, and makes me walk on my high places.”

Wow. I have always loved these last verses in Habakkuk, but now they are alive. God has called me here to proclaim His truth, and He has promised to fill the earth with the knowledge of His glory – Christ Jesus! No matter what happens, I will rejoice because His plans will be accomplished. He is the Lord and God of my salvation. He has made me new. He has made me free. Forever. Whether my permit is granted or denied, I will praise Him.
In the midst of this, I know God is doing things here, but it is also easy to get discouraged. As I watch some of those I love struggle with sin and see the magnitude of the task given, I feel as though I might be squashed. And God speaks again.

Zephaniah 3:9-10, 17
“For then I will give to the peoples purified lips, that all of them may call on the name of the Lord, to serve Him shoulder to shoulder. From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia, My worshipers, My dispersed ones, will bring My offerings… The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.”

Who will give them the ability to repent and believe? God will. He will call them from all over the earth. He is victorious. Nothing can stop Him. He will exult over us in joy and love. The job is not mine to bring success. My job is to obey. God does everything else. WHAT AN OPPORTUNITY! We are called to a task that God has promised to do. He is in our midst. He is with us!

Haggai 1:13-14
“Then Haggai, the messenger of the Lord, spoke by the commission of the Lord to the people saying, “I am with you; declares the Lord.” So the Lord stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant and they came and worked on the house of the Lord of hosts, their God.”

Haggai 2:4-7
“But now, take courage, Zerubbabel, declares the Lord, take courage also, Joshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and all you people of the land take courage, declares the Lord, and work; for I am with you, declares the Lord of hosts. As for the promise which I made you when you came out of Egypt, My Spirit is abiding in your midst; do not fear! For thus says the Lord of hosts, Once more in a little while, I am going to shake the heavens and the earth, the sea also and the dry land. I will shake all the nations; and they will come with the wealth of all nations, and I will fill this house with glory, says the Lord of hosts.”

This is what I read this morning, sending me over the edge. God is with me. He is with you. He stirred up the leaders and the people to His will. The task here may be huge, but God is bigger. He is stirring up hearts to obey His will. It will come together. He will do. I must take courage and do the work. IE – OBEY! He is with me. His Spirit abides in me. I have nothing to fear. He is going to shake the heavens and the earth. He will shake all nations, and they will come to Him. His glory will fill the earth.

I pray these truths resonate in our hearts. May we hold on to these precious promises and live in the way we were created to!

“God, shake this nation. Stir up mighty men and women, young and old, who will obey your will above all else. Fill this place with Your glory. Stir up Your people to do the work! No matter what happens, no matter what it costs, raise up a people who will praise you above all. You are with us. You are all that we need, both now and forever. We are Yours. Have Your way in and through us!”

No comments:

Post a Comment