Welcome

"It's dangerous business walking out one's front door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to".... You never know when or where He may sweep you off to on a glorious adventure... but this is the place where I will humbly attempt to share many of these adventures.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

He alone brings salvation


References
 Isaiah 45:5b-6, 8, 17, 21b-25
"I equip you, though you do not know me,
that people may know, from the rising of the sun
and from the west, that there is none besides me;
I am the Lord, and there is no other
...
...Shower, O heavens, from above,
and let the clouds rain down righteousness;
let the earth open, that salvation and righteousness may bear fruit;
let the earth cause them both to sprout;
I the Lord have created it...
...But Israel is saved by the Lord 
with everlasting salvation;
you shall not be put to shame or confounded
to all eternity...
...And there is no other god besides me
righteous God and a Savior;
there is none besides me.
Turn to me and be saved,
all the ends of the earth!
For I am God, and there is no other.
By myself I have sworn;
from my mouth has gone out in righteousness
a word that shall not return:
To me every knee shall bow,
every tongue shall swear allegiance
.’
Only in the Lord, it shall be said of me,
are righteousness and strength;
to him shall come and be ashamed
all who were incensed against him.
In the Lord all the offspring of Israel
shall be justified and shall glory.”
Examining Text
The Lord is speaking to His people telling them of what is happening now and how He is using it for the future. In verses 5-6, He is speaking about King Cyrus - whom He has equipped to show the world that He is God even though Cyrus doesn't know Him. From there, the Lord goes on to say that He will bring forth both righteousness and salvation, which He created and causes to sprout. For His salvation is an everlasting one, and all who receive it will never be put to shame. There is no other God besides Him. He alone is righteous and savior. He then condemns those who would challenge His authority and wisdom - what can the clay say to the potter? - calls His people to turn to Him and be saved. Why? One day, every knee will bow and every tongue confess that He is God, and all those who were incensed against Him will be put to shame. Only in the Lord can be found righteousness and strength. Only the offspring of His people will be justified and shall glory. So there are only two options - turn to Him and receive justification and salvation for eternity or be incensed against Him and receive shame and destruction for eternity, because one day - everyone will bow before Him and recognize His authority.
Application and Thoughts
This passage is full of wisdom, hope, and correction. First, It reminds us of all that God has done and is doing and what our role is in all of it. God created all things to bring LIFE into the world. We chose to go a different way than He created us to go - SIN. And what did our choice bring into the world? DEATH. What right do we - as created beings - have to challenge the CREATOR's plan? And yet, even when we - I - rejected His way, He brought for salvation and righteousness. He created a way back to Him. Wow. His salvation is an everlasting one. Perfect. Those He receive it will NEVER be put to shame. He alone is God and Savior. What must I do? Turn to Him. Bow to Him. Swear allegiance to Him. Why? If I do not, then I will be put to shame forever. One way or another, I will bow to Him. Will it be in joy or torment? This passage brings me back to the Gospel. God created LIFE. We chose DEATH. He made a way to turn back to Him - EVERLASTING SALVATION, where one is justified and glorified in Him. How could I reject that?

Secondly, He equips and uses people who don't even know Him to show the world that He alone is God. He equips. That is a powerful reality. As I look back over my life thus far, everything that has happened to me has equipped me for this work. He has used His people and even those who reject Him to mold me into who I am today. It is nothing I have done. It was and is God's plan. Before I even knew Him, He was working. There is so much peace and comfort in that. It is all Him. It is all about Him, and it is all for Him. I just need to remain moldable clay - humble! 

Truly, He is moving here, calling people to Himself, and raising up leaders. He is bringing unity among the body that hasn't existed before, and that unity is centered on fulfilling the Great Commission. The more that we begin to rely on Him, the more He amazes us. The enemy is fighting back, but God keeps turning those attacks into opportunities to display His glory. God is truly alive and moving today as He has always been!!!
Prayer
"Father, help me to rest in Your peace. You alone are God. You alone have brought salvation to Your people. You alone are righteous, and You alone can justify and glorify. It is Your great joy to redeem and to reveal to the world that You are God. One day, every knee will bow and confess that You are Lord. Keep me mindful of this. It is so easy Father to look at the world and to become discouraged because of persecution and/or lack of fruit. It is so easy to take my eyes off of You. Help me to trust You. To keep my eyes set on You. You will win. All those who rebel against Your Lordship will recognize it one day. You are constantly working to display Your majesty and to draw people to You. Many are turning to You and are being saved. And in You, no one will ever be put to shame. Those are powerful promises and truths. Lord, help me to walk in the confidence of Your Word. And please, cause the earth to spring forth salvation and righteousness! You alone can bring this about. I simply want to be obedient to Your voice and Your plan. Lead me Father in whatever path You have chosen. I am willing. I know it will be for Your glory to bring about salvation. In Jesus name, Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment