Welcome

"It's dangerous business walking out one's front door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to".... You never know when or where He may sweep you off to on a glorious adventure... but this is the place where I will humbly attempt to share many of these adventures.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Promises and Prayers

As I read Isaiah 56 this morning, verse 4-5 really struck me hard. Isaiah is sharing the Word from the Lord and says,
"To the eunuchs who keep My sabbaths,
And choose what pleases Me,
And hold fast My covenant,
To them I will give in My house and
within my walls a memorial,
And a name better than that of sons and daughters;
I will give to them an everlasting name,
which will not be cut off."

I noticed something this morning that I had not that about in the past when reading these verses. God is talking to eunuchs... people who can never reproduce... who cannot pass on their name to a new generation. Yet there is this beautiful picture of God's love and plan. He tells these hopeless people - I will give you My house and even make a memorial for you, and I will give you a name better than that of sons and daughters - an everlasting name! Wow. This defiled and broken people...without a hope of a legacy, purpose, or future.. God gives hope, purpose, and a bright, bright future. Chapter 56 is all about how God's people have rejected Him, but that the He is going to do something new that will bring defiled and gentiles peoples to Him - making them better than Israel - His sons and daughters. God's ways and plans are so much higher than ours, and His word never returns void (Isaiah 55:8-9,11). God has chosen to take broken, defiled people and give them an everlasting hope if they will choose Him.

And then I thought about where I am right now in Botswana, a nation is full of broken homes and families. HIV/AIDS run rampant. Teenage pregnancy is ridiculously high. And the amount of children growing up without a legacy to receive nor a future to look forward to. It is dismal. And yet, If God can bring a hope and a future to a people so broken and abused in Isaiah's day.... He can do it now. He can transform this nation. He can establish real families and give them an everlasting name - a true legacy. 

So please, join us in praying for God to do just this - to redeem the family and establish His everlasting name here, to turn hearts to Him to know and understand His Gospel message, bringing true hope and life to a world full of death. Give thanks to Him for the doors He has opened thus far for the message of truth to go out, and pray that when we open ours mouths, words will be given to us to proclaim the truth as we ought to.

Thank you for continuing to follow and support the work here in Botswana. God is moving and preparing something!

No comments:

Post a Comment