Welcome

"It's dangerous business walking out one's front door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to".... You never know when or where He may sweep you off to on a glorious adventure... but this is the place where I will humbly attempt to share many of these adventures.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Unity in Christ for the Proclamation of the Gospel


Wow. Where to begin. It has been a very busy month, but in a good way. We had teams here from PL over Spring Break, and I cannot express in words how encouraging and effective they were. I give all the praise and glory to the Father for orchestrating such a time. I was able to lead out with one of the teams in a way that has never happened here before – a joint mission trip. It just so happened that the universities here had the same Spring Break, and the student ministry was looking to go on a mission trip as well. We were able to partner up as 5 new Americans, 6 locals, and 3 on ground missionaries. It was groundbreaking for us. This wasn’t a trip where Americans come, and we find translators to help them. No, this was 14 people walking as one in the Lord for the proclamation of the Gospel. I cannot put into words the unity and joy we all found together, even though many of us had never known each other before the trip. When Jesus talks about us being one in Him, it is true! Despite color, culture, upbringing, and all of those things, we walked as one. I saw and heard over and over how one would begin sharing, another join in, and another finish the conversation. God would direct each one to speak His will in tandem. God is good! Two stories come to mind that I would like to share. One of them is in my words and demonstrates how God went before us preparing fruit, and the other is from one of the volunteers that came and displays the passion these local young men and women have to reach their people.

One group walked into a yard and started sharing the Gospel. As they finished sharing, one of the ladies said that she wanted to be born again – to walk with Jesus on the path of life no matter the cost. She then proceeded to tell them that she had skipped work that day. She had just gotten up in the morning and decided she wasn’t supposed to go. She finished by saying, “Now I know why – that salvation would come to my life. I may lose my job, but I have found something worth far more.” Praise the Lord!

In R’s words,“I will never forget the day that N (Local university student), K, T and I went back to visit an elderly woman who we had spoken with the day before. N had done most of the talking and sharing with her the previous day, and at the end of our time together she sang her a hymn in Setswana. Midway through the hymn she forgot some of the words and had to cut the song short. The next day, N had a Setswana hymnal with her and she simply told our group, “I have to go back to her and finish the song. She needs to hear the rest of the words.” This story may seem trivial, but it was so moving to me. Through the desire N had to see this woman come to know Christ, she went back to her so she could finish the song. The hymn was “Are You Washed in the Blood”, and N wanted her to know that the only way to be spotless before God is to be washed in the blood of Jesus Christ. Her willingness to go back to this elderly woman and finish her song simply so this woman could know the rest of the story convicted me to stop for “the one”, whoever that “one” might be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment